How To Decarb Weed
Decarbing Your Weed
So it’s time to gather the ingredients to make your favorite weed recipe, but you can’t just sprinkle it in your favorite dish. For those unaware, to create the best edibles that are effective, decarbing your weed is a must!
Why You Have to Decarb Your Weed
In its raw form, there is no psychoactive effect to cannabis, so in this essential step we are using heat to convert THCA to THC. Decarbing your weed means you are chemically altering it with heat to activate raw cannabis into a more potent enhanced form. This happens when you smoke weed by using fire to create this chemical process. This is a critically important step in making an effective edible and should never be skipped.
To Decarb Weed You Need The Following Items:
- 1 gram of your finest cannabis (The better the quality, the better and more potent the final product is)
- Parchment paper
- Tin Foil or oven-safe airtight container/bag
- A baking sheet
- A wooden spoon
- A grinder (Check out a list of our favorite ones HERE)
Time to Decarb Your Weed
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Cover your baking sheet in parchment paper and get ready to prepare your nugs.
- Take full ungrounded nugs and break them apart with your hands, or if you have a pair of scissors, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Once your cannabis is broken apart, bundle it in the parchment paper.
- Take your bundle of parchment paper and wrap it with tin foil or an airtight oven-safe silicone bag or container.
- Next, place the secured pouch in the oven, either on a baking sheet or dish.
- Leave it in the oven for roughly 30 minutes. It takes around 30 minutes for about 80% of the THCA to be converted into THC. Note: Make sure if this is your first time leave the weed in the oven for less time so you don’t burn it. The more often you decarb weed, you will figure out how long is best to leave it in your oven.
- Once timer goes off, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow your nugs to reach room temperature and then try to achieve a medium coarse grind using your trusty grinder. If you don’t have a grinder check out our article here about how to grind without a grinder.
If you’re looking for an example to help eyeball what a medium coarse looks like in this case, be sure to compare your grind to coffee. Remember, you must use the now decarbed weed right away to make your favorite weed recipe.
If you want to check out our favorite weed recipes we have a section just for you HERE and are always adding new ones! Please leave a comment below if you have any questions, or any tips you would like to share with the community.
One of our favorite youtubers, House of Puff, made a great video explaining this process. You can check out her channel HERE. If you have any questions or tips for decarbing weed and want to share with the community, please do in the comment section below.
Cannabis Hot Cheetos Mozzarella SticksEveryone loves Cheetos, they are a great snack for the...
How To Make Cannabis TinctureIt's Cannabis Tincture Time When it comes to cooking with cannabis...
How To Make Weed Hot ChocolateMaking Weed Hot Chocolate For some people there is nothing more...
How To Make CannabutterHow to Make Cannanbutter For those who like sweets, or even savory meals,...